Responsible for transporting goods using tractor-trailer trucks. Operates trucks with a capacity of more than 26,000 pounds per gross vehicle weight. Able to work a flexible schedule. Possess and maintain a valid Class A CDL, excellent driving record, satisfactory DOT drug test with no prior positive tests or refusal and pass a company paid DOT physical.
- Perform all required vehicle inspections before and after trip and record any defects.
- Read bill of lading to determine assignment.
- Inventory and inspect freight to be moved.
- Ensure all freight is secure before transport.
- Obtain customer signature upon delivery.
- Maintain adequate fuel levels, clean truck and wash windows.
- Monitor road conditions and traffic congestion.
- Deliver freight while operating a tractor-trailer truck over routes spanning several states and/or intercity routes.
- Assist in loading and unloading freight.
- Record amount and type of freight being delivered.
- Report to dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws and follow appropriate accident procedures.
- Maintain driver log of all activities as required.
- Report serious mechanical problems to appropriate personnel.
- Keep truck and all equipment clean and in good working order.
- Deliver freight on time and treat customers with respect.
- Maintain all paperwork and utilise J B Bros technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
Submit Your Application